Friday, February 8, 2013

What's the Tot Up To

Today I thought I would share a little bit of what my tot has been up to, well besides being our dedicated homeschool terrorist. 

We have been working on fine motor activities with him.  So recently I went on a search for busy bag activities that I thought would interest him, but also using things that we already had.  Here are a few of the ideas that I came up with.  I have provided links to where you can find these activities at the end of this post.  The pom pom sorter I made myself and the Lauri Shape Puzzle I found at a garage sale and it seems they don't make it anymore.  

Lauri Number Puzzles


Pom Pom Stuffing, the container is an old plastic lunch meat container that I cut holes in the lid.  

Play Food

Lauri Sizing and Shapes Puzzle

Lacing Cards


These all seem to keep him somewhat busy, although the lacing cards are a little bit over his head right now at 17 months.  All the rest though, he really enjoys.  

I store all of these in plastic bags with the slider closure.  When I give him the activity I will take it out of the bag and place the activity on a tray for him to use.  Don't worry I always place the plastic bag back into the closet up high where he can't reach!  

In order to store all of these, I have found that book rings and binder clips work great!  I place about 3 bags per ring and clip them onto the rod in our closet.  That way they are up high where he can't reach but also still in an easily accessible spot for me to grab them quickly.  I like that these are things we don't have out all the time, so they are new and fun for him when they do get brought out.

Slider bags that I use.

Here is how they are hanging in the closet in our schoolroom.
Book ring with the binder clips attached.
A closer look at how they are attached.



 I also have some preschool busy bags that I made up, which I will share another time.  What are some ways you keep your tots busy during school time?  I would love some more ideas!


Where to find what we are using:



No comments:

Post a Comment